Sunday, April 8, 2012

Craft Project: Dyeing Easter Eggs with Tissue Paper

HAPPY EASTER!!!!

Last week, I found a post on The Artful Parent blog that showed you how to use bleeding tissue paper to dye Easter eggs. It looked super easy and I thought it might help make the dyeing egg process last a little longer for the girls.

Here they are dyeing the eggs with a regular egg kit:

 
The girls were pretty excited to try the tissue paper technique. They each picked three colors to use and I cut up little strips for them. Remember to use the BLEEDING art tissue paper.

All you have to do is dip the egg in water, put the tissue paper over it and then brush a little more water on over the tissue.
 Let them sit for a bit to dry and have the dye soak in.
 Then peel the tissue paper off....
 And there you go! I think the stripes turned out pretty cool!
I don't have any major tips to add to this project. However, I do wonder if you brushed the eggs and tissue paper with vinegar, maybe the colors would be even bolder? Maybe we'll have to try that next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment